Friday, December 28, 2012

NEW CONTRIBUTOR! Northern field correspondent, Sarah Bauer

By Sarah Bauer (age 10)
Sawah

     Today something very weird happened.
     My grandmother (on mom's side) went to the hospital at 5:00 this morning. The phone rang at our place then, and I was worried, because nobody calls that early. She must have felt really sick. 
     Right now, I am at Oma and Opa's place, in Trabuco Canyon, waiting for my mom to arrive to pick us up. Mom has been at the hospital, taking care of Grandma.
     Mom had to pick up grandma's chocolate lab retriever, Simon. Here's a picture I took of him on Wednesday:



     Oma showed me an old dress of her's. It's really pretty. She said she only wore it once, and it doesn't fit her anymore, but, she added, "it will probably fit you!" So she got it out and I tried it on. Uncle Roy says that I look pretty good, but now I've got the shoulders of somebody named "Joan Crawford." 
     Here is a pic that we just took:



     I was going to show a video, but Uncle Roy couldn't quite get that to work (downloading from my iPod). We'll figure it out eventually. -SB

2 comments:

  1. Here's hoping for more from the new correspondent--she has a future, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She *definitely* has a future. Sarah, you look wonderful in that dress! And Simon is a real cutie--nice photo!

    Kathie

    ReplyDelete

Hey, this is a family blog!